Adventures of Peach

Friday, July 08, 2005

Tanabata

Today was the Star Festival called "Tanabata".
This is based on a Chinese legend where two lovers, Alter and Vega, are separated by the Milky Way and can only meet once a year on this special day.
Children write their wishes (especially what they want to be good at) and put them on bamboo trees. I saw many colorfully decorated bamboo trees on display around here.
I heard about another way to have good luck on this day. If people make a wish about their ideal romance as they're looking up to starry skies on this day, their wish will come true.
Unfortunately, tonight is cloudy and I can't see any stars from here. But the story sounds so sweet and romantic. I hope I'll be able to see a lot of shining stars next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home