Adventures of Peach

Monday, January 23, 2006

Talkative Style

When I was doing my English homework at my favorite Starbucks, a gentleman sat down next to me.
He glanced at me and asked me in English,
"Hi, are you studying English? How's your study?"

I was surprised,"Ohhhhhh, how talkative and friendly he is!"
---At Strabucks------------------------------------------
Peach: Yeah. I'm doing my homework:D
Gentle: Good!
Peach: Are you a teacher?
Gentle:No, but I can't speak Japanese, so I'm interested in studying language....bla bla bla
Peach: I like studying:D .....bla bla bla
---Coffee Break---
Gentle:Good luck on your study:D
Peach:Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------

After he'd gone, my sister made a weird face and said, "What happened? Why did he talk to you?"
I knew what she meant.
Japanese people are shy, so we hardly talk to someone that haven't met before.

I think people in western countries usually talk to new people friendly. I mean in the States, UK, Spain, Italy, Canada etc.
Am I right? Do you usually talk to someone you really don't know?

I like that style, so I had a great time today:D

6 Comments:

  • Well...
    it's not totally right, we don't talk to total strangers, and it depends on teh person. But, in general, you are right.
    But this gentle, was very very very talkative. So, don't expect to find all the people like this man.

    By Blogger スロ / Bernat, at January 23, 2006 1:54 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger スロ / Bernat, at January 23, 2006 1:56 AM  

  • The question of your sister if you would be here would be "what did he say?". See the difference?

    By Blogger スロ / Bernat, at January 23, 2006 1:56 AM  

  • >Do you guys in Japan do any of this?
    No, I don't think so.

    YOU're so friendly as I thougnt!
    Thanks for the information.
    I was really interested in your story.

    Anyway, he wasn't that young...actually he was an old man like a grandpa.
    ~Peach

    By Blogger Peach, at January 23, 2006 11:36 PM  

  • I use to talk ppl i don't know. They're like 1 feet tall and wear a green suit with a nice pointy hat. They're called trolls. XD.

    Talking serious, i do. I'm very talkative and like to meet ppl.

    By Blogger CCoder, at January 28, 2006 2:28 PM  

  • De verdad!?
    You are talkative as I thought!?
    Wow, it's interesting and I like that style.

    Please keep talking to and meeting new people!
    It's an exciting ADVENTURE!

    By Blogger Peach, at February 01, 2006 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home