Adventures of Peach

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Portuguese Cuisine


I went to a Portuguese restaurant with my friends.

We, once a few months, go out to have dinner from various countries. We've already had Okinawan(southern Japan), Indian, Rumanian foods.

It's our rule never to say "I can't eat" even though restaurants serve something which doesn't suit our palate; too spicy, strong smell etc. Meeting new taste is an exciting adventure! Don't you think so?
We are planning to complete "a cuisine travel around the world" while we are staying in Japan.
Next country might be Morocco ^_^

All of us really liked Portuguese cuisine! It's very delicious! I think Japanese people love this kind of tase as same as Spanish dishes.
Before this restaurant, I'd never eaten Portuguese food 'cause it's not common here in Tokyo.

Is it common in your place?

..and I have one more question about food.
Do you know
arroz cubano (Cuban rice)?
Have you ever had it?
Is it yummy?

I heard about it on the radio this morning.

Well, let me show you what we ate at the restaurant.
Cataplana(very delicious soup!!!)


Bolinho de bacalhau(croquettes of cod...my best!!!!)

Pao de quejo ( cheesy buns....mouth watering!!!)


Pasteis de Nata (a Portuguese egg tart.....heavenly!!!!!)


mmmmmmmm...yummy.

9 Comments:

  • wow its looking great!
    i like the way you will eat! your rule is very good!

    well, i never saw an portuguese resturant here, but i really think here are some. don't forget to try german food, it will be tasty for you, too. ((i hope))

    fabi ^^

    By Blogger Fabian, at July 06, 2006 5:30 AM  

  • All of those pictures look delicious!

    No, I don't believe Portueguese restuarants are very popular here. At least, I have never seen/heard of one!

    By Blogger Erin, at July 06, 2006 7:08 AM  

  • I read that 天婦羅 was originally a Portugese food that was so well liked by the Japanese that they adopted it. Now everyone thinks that it had always been a Japanese food.

    By Blogger Matt, at July 06, 2006 12:33 PM  

  • All looks yummy!

    In Catalan, bacalhau is called bacallà ;) (the ll pronounced like the lh)

    By Blogger スロ / Bernat, at July 08, 2006 6:39 AM  

  • Hi there, I am munching on a egg tart as i type this. I am huge fan of the portuguese egg tart. :) And I am on a search on more portuguese egg tart recipes. If you ever have the urge to make your own, you can try this recipe. It isnt that difficult. Hope this doesn't offend. Just sharing.
    http://vanessafrida.livejournal.com/76279.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 12, 2006 5:19 PM  

  • Hi there,
    can you tell me where is this restaurant? is in tokyo?
    i am a portuguese guy and at the moment im living in tokyo area studying japanese language. ive been looking for portuguese restaurants lately but i havent got any luck so far. can you help me?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 01, 2008 11:06 PM  

  • Hi togotogo,

    I saw your Akihabara photos looks so interesting!

    The Pertuguese restaurant's name is "vila-moura" located in Ginza, Tokyo.
    I hope you'll enjoy the great dishes!

    Restaurant's website;
    http://www.vila-moura.com/

    Google Map(I hope the link will work!)


    Someone's blog which mentions "vila-moura";
    http://www.vaou.com/viewRestaurant.do?objectId=716

    By Blogger Peach, at May 02, 2008 10:06 PM  

  • thank you!
    ill search for it.
    meanwhile i found a couple more portuguese restaurants in tokyo, but i havent try them yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 14, 2008 2:15 PM  

  • Hello!! I wonder what is the adress and name of the Portuguese restaurant you went! Can you get me the adress? I wanna go there too!!!
    Send it to: ichigo_bony@otmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 02, 2008 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home