Adventures of Peach

Sunday, June 25, 2006

result

My Chinese examination is getting harder and harder.
Today I only got a mark of 63/100. It's embarrassing.
Our teacher was really worried about our enthusiam. Because she said we looked very disappointed just after the exam. For me, there is no problem.
I tend to be too nervous before exam but I'm optimistic about the result.

But I noticed that I had to change my style.
Do you want to know my new strategy to improve my Chinese skills?

I'm going to take other 30-minute one-to-one lessons besides weekly class lessons.
Fortunatelly, my school offers that kind of lessons which is called "a pronunciation clinic". International students from China teach us as their part time jobs.
We can ask them about prununciation, how to say and anything we want. In stead of their lessons, we can also take 30-minute practice examinations.

Well....*sigh* Chinese pronunciation is TOO difficult for us.
I think Japanese is one of the easiest languages to pronounce, so if you are interested in Japanese, please try to learn convasational short phrases at first. You could improve fast and it must be enjoyable and actually useful.
It's just my opinion but.........I bet!

6 Comments:

  • Learning Latin is hard enough....I don't know if I could handle Chinese!!

    I like latin languages; latin sounds :D
    Hola! Ciao! Ho capito! Andiamo! Jejeje.
    ~Peach

    By Blogger Erin, at June 25, 2006 3:58 AM  

  • Yes, chinese is very very very difficult to pronounce.
    And Cantonese is even more difficult than Mandarin (standard Chinese) to speak.
    Japanese is very very very easy to pronounce well.


    En Serio? I'd rather welcome that comment. That's good for you!!
    But I suppose you've already known that Nihongo is one of the most difficult languages to read and write.
    Keep it up! Gambare, sono choushi!!
    ~Peach

    By Blogger スロ / Bernat, at June 25, 2006 6:50 AM  

  • Well, *hehe*, for me, still German is the easiest to pronounce, but Japanese is quite easy too. I wonder how people can speak such languages like Chinese with that pronounciation.

    Wirklich?(I mean "really? /honto?" in Germany) <----- correct??
    I actually mean I'm getting used to Chinese pronunciation...but Chinese 4 tones still torture me.
    It's very important melodyline when we speak Chinese.
    If I don't speak with right melody, Chinese people can't understand what I'm talking about at all, even though my pronunciation is perfect.
    Anyway, keep it up, Fabi.
    I like your Japanese diary.
    ~Peach

    By Blogger Fabian, at June 25, 2006 5:30 PM  

  • I've been learning Japanese and it is pretty easy! But personally, I think Indonesian is probably the easiest for me but that's just because I grew up around it.

    Indonesia? You grew up around there? Cool! Cool!
    I've once travelled to Bali. It's one of my sister's and my favorite places:)
    ~Peach

    By Blogger mickey the wicked, at June 26, 2006 8:51 AM  

  • Hmm... Conversational chinese is easy, but written & reading is harder. Once you get the hang of chinese, it is relatively simple to make conversations.

    All people will think that their mother tongue is the easiest because they have been intuned with it since young :)


    Writing and reading Chinese isn't that difficult for us.
    We feel natural and comfortable when we read Chinese characters.
    Do you know Japanese people even who have never learned Chinese can see the meaning when it's written in Chinese character.
    For me.....especially 4 tones called 四声 is the biggest trouble at the moment.....
    muzukashii!!!!! xD
    ~Peach

    By Blogger Piccola, at June 27, 2006 1:05 PM  

  • Oh, too bad!
    But I admire you that you're trying to do something. You're not a student and must be busy everyday!
    Yes, I heard "A" has 4? different pronounciations like あ↑ あ→ あ↓ あ♂from some friends who are learning Chinese. Ummm, it must be difficult for us...
    By the way, how many languages are you learning!? You seem to like learning languages!

    Yeah, yeah, you are right!!!!!!
    あ→(1), あ♂(2) あ_(3) あ↓(4) is still my weakness.
    I have to memorize each Kanji's tones.
    At the moment, I remember some of them..perfectly..
    Look! Mite! Some of them have same meanings as Japanese but the others are different.
    好hao 3 (good)
    来lai 2 (come)
    明天mingtian 2,1 (tomorrow)
    去qu 2 (go)
    星期xingqi 1,1 (曜日)
    看kan 4 (see/look/watch)
    But it's not enough. There is a loooooooong way in front of me......to my goal...uuuuuuu!

    P.S. I'm studying English(not so much), Mandarin(so so), Spanish(makes me feel happy) and un poco de Italiano. That's it! Soredake!
    ~Peach

    By Blogger erika, at June 27, 2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home