Adventures of Peach

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fortune Telling Slips


I went to a famous Onsen(hot spring) area called Hakone yesterday.
Before Onsen, I went to a shrine.
At a shrine, we usually do 2 things.
Pray and then draw a fortune telling slip called Omikuji.





Of course I drew one.
Do you want to know what my slip told me?

It adviced me very strictly ...like "you'll find your missing article soon, but it's useless (what!!!??)" , "if you are still idle, you'll spoil your life, so study hard." It's too strict, isn't it?

But I think it's kinda right. Recently I couldn't spend enough time on studying because of a cold even though I'm going to take an English examination in June.
I swear to begin preparing for it from tomorrow.
huwaaaaaaa, I'm so sleepy now.
Good night, guys:D








3 Comments:

  • I can see you picked up 大吉!? That's great!! In this new year's day, I drew a lot. I always decide to draw a lot in new year's day. The result was....中吉. That's not good and not bad...
    You seemed to enjoy your Hakone trip! I hope I can visit there someday:-)

    By Blogger erika, at May 03, 2006 9:54 AM  

  • Woody,
    Yeah, it's fun.
    I think in the States, you can drew "Fortune Tellin Cookies" in Chinatowns. It's quite simillar to our Omikuji.

    And it's cheap, it's for only 100yen which is less than 1 dollar.
    (Today 1dollar = 113yen)

    Erika,
    You are right.
    You must have good eyes.
    I drew a "middle lucky(中吉)" which wasn't that good, so I tied it to one of the trees at the shrine.
    Daikichi was drawn last month at Tsukuba Shrine when I went to see plum blossoms. I like one-day trips by train sooo much! :D

    By Blogger Peach, at May 03, 2006 2:46 PM  

  • Chocobo,
    Chinese people don't do that?
    We usually do so to return Omikuji to God.

    I read a fengshui book that
    -->if the Omikuji wasn't good, tie it to a tree there and leave it at the shrine
    -->if the Omikuji was good, keep it in your wallet and sometimes see it.

    Did you draw Omikuji and tie it to a tree when you visited Miyajima?

    By Blogger Peach, at May 04, 2006 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home